Urbanism Watch Urbanism of Prizren under Constant Watch
Through this project, EC Ma Ndryshe aims to install a permanent monitoring system regarding the local governments legislation in the fields of management and urban development in the city of Prizren, with particular emphasis on the Historic City Center. Through the monitoring findings, this system will be complemented with publications and advocacy components to ensure urban order in Prizren. The main purpose of the project is to prevent further urban degradation of the city and to push for the creation of an enabling environment for controlled and sustainable urban development through an increase of transparency and ensuring accountability in the field of urbanism and spatial planning.
EC Ma Ndryshe has highlighted the following activities that have helped further the projects goals:
- Permanent monitoring of the local government through monitoring staff who will have an unfettered access to the decision-making process of these institutions
- Consistent publication of findings from the monitoring process, which will be released regularly through various tools
- Addressing institutional responsibility, where all violations identified during the monitoring will be processed and directed to the respective responsibility-seeking institutions
- Regular advocacy regarding the monitored institutions will be built upon the published findings
- Civic mobilisation for urban planning, where the project will benefit from the past activity of EC Ma Ndryshe aimed at communicating the needs of community groups
Since the beginning of project implementation, the
assigned staff of EC Ma Ndryshe have consistently monitored the work of
institutions that are responsible for ensuring urban order in the municipality
of Prizren. Thus far, the project has issued five press releases as
well as two brief analyses. This project is supported by the
Kosovo Foundation for Open Society KFOS. More detailed information on
the project activities can be found at http://online-transparency.org/?page=1,51.